For Pricing and Availability Please Fill Out the Contact Form Above
Simplex Extrusion System
Simplex, 'sim.pleks', from Latin, Adjective, Noun, 1. Single, simple; not complex.
The Simplex Extrusion System is designed to meet medical extrusion specifications. The Simplex Extrusion System only requires: 1 power connection, 1 air connection, and the chiller connection! All subassemblies are mounted on a rigid structural aluminum frame, with adjustment.
The Simplex Extrusion System can literally hit your floor running with just the three utility connections! The Simplex System can be setup with a wide variety of options to cater to your specific needs: from Precision Vacuum Tanks or water baths, godet stations for filament draw, to tubing or sheet and various extruder sizes, even vertical and tri-extrusion!
Below is an example of a basic Simplex System layout:
- 1" extruder can be used in line or run at 90 degrees to accept a crosshead die
- Other extruder sizes available
- Four zone heat/cool barrel and four zone heat/only die, auto tune, temperature controllers
- Digital Motor RPM & Amp displays
- AC Vector 5 HP Motor/Control
- Extruder speed adjustment via 10-turn potentiometer
- Fluoropolymer barrels available
- In line die good for up to 1.25 inch extrusions
- Precision air regulator and flow meter mounted at die for easy lumen control
- Heavy duty in line gearbox w/ 0-300 screw RPM standard (different speed ranges available)
- 7 in. X 7 in. X 4 ft. stainless steel vacuum tank with start up section
- Heavy duty clear lids with gaskets
- Heat exchanger
- Vacuum pump and recirculation pump
- Vacuum manifold and water manifold
- All necessary plumbing
- Water temperature gauges
- Vacuum display gauges
Water Bath, Puller, Cutter, Winder
- 7 in. X 7 in. X 4 ft. stainless steel water bath
- Closed loop receiving tank w/ in line filter
- 6 precision adjustments for moving tank
- 30 X 4 in. belt puller w/ 2 HP AC vector motor
- Digital FPM indicator
- Pneumatic open/close of puller belts
- Cutter 1 in. thick aluminum top plate
- Digital blade RPM meter, digital dual preset counter
- Super duty wrap spring clutch, maintenance free
- Traversing torque winder with permanent magnet motor
- Puller and cutters can be upgraded to servo controls!
- Custom electronics and diameter gauging interface are available!
- All components, vacuum tank, water bath, puller, cutter and winder are integrated onto one frame
- The vacuum tank can be upgraded to the AMS Air-Vac Model!
- This extrusion system is custom tailored to your requirements at a non custom price!